Don’t know what to eat for lunch on keto diet and feeling frustrated to start out? Read through the article to get a clear guide on it.
You probably have heard the phrase “You are what you eat.” The ketogenic diet is the #1 way to lose weight effectively and stay in shape.
But if you’re just starting out, you might not know what to eat for lunch on keto diet. There is just so much information out there that can get you overwhelmed.
To help you in that case, let’s go over some of the foods to eat for lunch. We’ll also check out some of the foods that ruin your gains, which you should never eat as well.
What to Eat for Lunch on Keto Diet
If you can point out the foods that are right for the Keto diet, you’ll have a much easier time making your own Keto recipes for lunch. There is so many basic one food that you can use in that case.
All of these work amazingly as they are super low carb, and help to give you results fast. Let’s check some of the best Keto foods to include in your lunch.
Meat is a great food for the keto diet, and it’s considered as next to zero carbs, which will give you the best results fast. You can try and add red meat, steak, turkey, chicken, etc. to your diet, and it’s delicious as well.
(2) Fatty Fish
It’s no sacred that fatty fishes do wonder to the human body. And it’s a great item to add to your lunch on the Keto diet as well. Just add a few recipes that include salmon, tuna, trout, or any such fishes.
(3) Butter and Cream
Grass-fed butter and heavy cream are truly a great item to add to your lunch, and they will skyrocket your progress.
Another great thing to add to your lunch on the Keto diet is Omega 3 whole eggs, which are pretty close to no carbs. That will definitely help you in the way of achieving your results.
There are hundreds of thousands of delicious recipes that use cheese as an ingredient. And apart from all of its extra health benefits, it’s an extraordinary item to add to your lunch in the keto diet. You can go for mozzarellas, cheddar, goat cheese, or any other unprocessed cheese to get the best results.
(6) Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds have an incredible effect on brain health. Besides that, it’s amazing food to add to your lunch, which will help you lose weight and maintain shape as well. Try almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, to skyrocket your progress.
(7) Healthy Oils
Most people think that oil is super bad for your diet, but if you choose the right oil, it can greatly benefit you. Go for coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil as these have all the health benefits and don’t boost carbs.
One of the healthiest foods on the planet is avocados, and it’s super amazing for your brain and body. You can add it to your lunch to help get a boost on your keto diet.
(9) Low Carb Veggies
Vegetables are the real food and always are the best food to eat as well. All the green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers will help you on the way to achieving your dream shape and maintain it.
You might not know already but all the salt, pepper, and spices can help boost your diet efficiency as well.
Foods to Avoid on Keto Diet
If you eliminate all the bad foods from your diet, everything left will give you results without you having to try hard for it. Let’s check out some of the foods that you need to avoid at all costs.
- Try to stay away from extra sugary foods such as soda, diet soda, smoothies, juices, etc.
- Say no to wheat-based products, rice, or any grain or starches, which will take out from your progress.
- You need to cut out all the fruits as well to get the best results.
- Any root vegetables such as potato, beats, or that type of food must not be on your diet.
- No alcohol products like beer, wine, liquor, whiskey, or anything like that.
- Stop consuming sugar-free advertised consumables. These are more dangerous than the ones with sugar on it.
- And finally, try to avoid all unhealthy fats and processed foods to get in shape and maintain it.
Ketogenic Diet Tips for Maximizing the Results
Now that you have a list of foods that you can add to your lunch, it’s time to check out some tips to make the whole thing much more effective.
- As annoying as it might sound to start learning the food labels and values, you’d want to start familiarizing these as much as you can.
- Plan out the meal and choose the recipes that contain the healthy low carb items only.
- Try avoiding social gatherings, or at least try to buy your own food there. That way you can be selective about what you’re eating.
- Rely on real food as much as you can rather than focusing on any Keto supplements. That is a better long-term strategy for you and it has next to no risk as well.
- Keep yourself motivated by checking the progress every week.
To Wrap Up
Those were some of the ideas on what to eat for lunch on keto diet, and you can easily create your own diet plan now.
It’s amazing that the Ketogenic diet allows you to lose weight super fast without monitoring each calorie and doing intense workouts in the GYM.
However, it’s also important to remember that you need to be selective about the foods you consume to get the most effectiveness out of it. And if you stick to the foods shown in the article, you’ll start to see results in no time.
Writer: Shyran Khan Joy